Print one copy of the car and family picture.
(Show the car picture)
- What is this a picture of? (A car)
- Where do cars come from? (From the manufacturing plants that make them.)
- Who knows more about cars than anyone else? (The people who make them or repair them.)
Show the car manual) The people who make the cars provide an instruction book. The instruction book tells a car owner how to take care of their car so that it will last a long time and give good service. The car manual tells what kind of fuel to put into the car.
If someone put water in their cars gas tank, what would happen? (The car would not run, and it would probably be damaged.) A car needs the right fuel to run properly. It also needs other proper fluids and care.
(Show the picture of the family.)
- Who created the earth and our bodies? (Jesus, under Heavenly Father’s direction)
- Who would know more about our bodies than anyone else? (Our creator)
The Lord wants us to keep our bodies in the best possible condition so that we can be healthy, happy, and accomplish all that we need to do on the earth. Just as makers of cars provide instructions on how the cars should be cared for, so has the Lord provided us with instructions on how to care for our bodies.
- What are these instructions called? (The Word of Wisdom)
The Word of Wisdom is found in the scriptures, in D&C 89. The Word of Wisdom tells us what things are good for our bodies and what things are not good. Just like a car can be harmed with the wrong fuel, so can our bodies be harmed by putting things in them that are not good for them.
Our Heavenly Father gave us the wonderful gift of a body. We need to show our gratitude by following His instructions and taking good care of our bodies.