Jesus Created this World for Us
- Item needed: a bible, a large, light blue felt display board and a small felt choosing board, 1/3 yard of brown felt and 1/2 yard of sea blue felt. (The felt needs to be good quality.)
- Print the visual aids. (Visual Aids are from the Primary One Manual cutouts and Microsoft Word clipart.) Add felt or 60 grit sandpaper to the back of each item and cut the figures out.
- Cut the brown felt 11 1/2″ x 28″ and the sea blue felt 15 1/2 ” x 28″.
- Before teaching the lesson, attach each picture randomly to the small felt board.
Open the Bible to Genesis 1:1 and read, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
Invite the children to repeat the scripture with you, a few words at a time. Explain that Heavenly Father had Jesus Christ make the world and everything in it.
Show the children the display boards.
Tell the children that Jesus made the light of day.
- What gives light to our world? (The sun) Have a child find the sun and put it at the top of the board.
Jesus also made the night.
- What we do we see in the sky at night time? (The moon and stars) Have a child find the moon and stars cutout and put it on the board.
Tell the children that Jesus made the waters in the sea and in the sky. (Put on the large, blue felt piece. Have the children then find the water in the sky–the rain cloud. Have a child stick the rain cloud to the sky area.)
Jesus also made the dry land. (Put the brown felt land piece on top of the sea, leaving some of the sea exposed on top.)
Jesus made all the plants. (Have the children find the plants and put them on the land.)
Jesus also made the fishes and other sea creatures. (Have the children find the fish and put them in the sea area.)
Jesus made the birds. (Have the children find the birds and put them in the sky area.)
Jesus also made all other animals. (Point to an animal and have the children say what it is or make the sound it makes, and then have a child put it on the land area. Continue until all the animals are on the board.)
Jesus also made people.
- Who were the first people that lived on the earth? (Adam and Eve) Put Adam and Eve on the display board.
Heavenly Father and Jesus made the earth for us to live on because they love us.
Sing the song “My Heavenly Father Loves Me.” (Make the song visual aid, and then follow the singing instructions listed under junior primary.)