Temple photos, statistics, and history on LDS.org
Purpose of Temples
Friend October 2018 “Temple Time” The work we do in temples blesses our ancestors and the families of other people. Look through your family tree on FamilySearch.org and find as many temples as you can. Also, make a puzzle of a temple. (Activity Idea: For each temple you find in your family tree, put a piece of the puzzle together.
Temple Open House & Dedication
Friend December 2017 “The House of the Lord” Idea: Place each item on a folder layout or board as you discuss temple open houses and dedications.
Preparing to Go to the Temple
Friend March 2019 Put a picture of the temple in your room. Find someone in your family tree who hasn’t been baptized yet. Talk about the temple with someone who has been inside.
Friend October 2017 “Temple Trip Tips” List the things you would do under each of the below signs.
5 Tips for Your First Temple Visit
• Talk to a parent or teachers about what to expect.
• Look at pictures of the rooms inside the temple.
• Make an appointment with your bishop to get your recommend. He’ll talk with you about your testimony and about keeping the commandments.
• Find out about your own ancestors. If possible, find an ancestor you could be baptized for! Visit FamilySearch.org to learn more.
• Pray for the Holy Ghost to be with you. Then enjoy your first visit to the temple.
History of Temples
Friend February 1987 “How Moroni Statues are Made” History of temple building.
Friend April 2019 Fill in the temple blocks with lesson information, or have the children fill in the blocks with their ideas about the lesson topic.
“Sharing Time: A Place of Love and Beauty” Friend Jan 2002 – Includes a temple dedication booklet to make.
*Friend July 2015 “What do we do in the Temple?” (Picture and explanation of different rooms in temple.)